Ourimbah vs BUFC B South Match Report

Central Coast Soccer

The mighty B south boys headed away to Ourimbah oval for the second time this season. This was somewhat of a danger game for us – one we all probably expected to win after a 4-1, victory in round 1. Games like this have historically proven to be the ones we find hardest to perform in.

After searching for “fill-ins” the previous Saturday, we looked like having a subs bench the size of our opponents striker. This slowly whittled down to 1 by kick off. “Where the f#@$ is Reido?” was the most common theme of our pre game chat which was solved at least 4 seconds before the ref blew time on. As it turned out Reid could’ve been 20 minutes later without any cause for concern…

We kicked off, held possession and immediately had them in all sorts of trouble. Raoul and Sheeks up front had far too much speed and class for the opposition backs. Our mid field was in total control and Ourimbah was only just managing to defend our attacks by knocking the odd ball out of play. That didn’t last long and pretty soon our front 2 combined when a Raoul cross found Sheeks unmarked in front of goal where he coolly headed home. 1-0 inside the first 5.

From the ensuing kick off it was more of the same and within 15 mins we are 2-0 up after Raoul, channeling the spirt of from last round, smashed a right foot pearler from well outside the 18 yard box into the back of the net, toying with 3 or 4 of the opposition midfield in the process. Cracker!!!

The only sour point of our first half came a few minutes later when Jimmy O was forced to leave the field with a game ending injury. This meant a minor reshuffle with Ant Barlow heading into the midfield. The game was continuing the same way and we were rarely without the ball, let alone having our goal (or even our defensive line) threatened. We were awarded a free kick just inside opposition half and somehow managed to convince Leeroy not to take it! Glenn Thomo, the third member of our off season spending spree, stepped up and knocked a lovely long ball with pin point accuracy to the back post where Ant Barlow headed home for a 3-0 half time lead.

The second half was fairly uneventful with the result well and truly settled. Ourimbah showed a bit more in attack and had a few half chances that we dealt with without too much discomfort, including a great one on one smothering save from Reid. We added to our score with a nice through ball from the backline finding Raoul who again combined with Sheeks to grab his second of the day and fourth against Ourimbah in the two meetings this year. Unfortunately late in the game we also lost Glenn with what looked to be a fairly serious hamstring injury. With a clash against league leaders the entrance next weekend, this again highlights for us what an important part of our team these three guys have become.

The end score of 4-0 was a good indication of the difference between the teams and a good reward for some more patient and thoughtful football. Next up: The Entrance at “the fortress” 😉

Player of the Year: Sheeks (2nd: Ant, 3rd: Glenn)
Goals: Sheeks 2, Raoul, Ant.

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *