The 2019/2020 Barnstoneworth United Central Coast committee has been voted for and the members are as follows:
Tim Watt | President
Ray Payne | Secretary
Phil Skidmore | Treasurer
Pierre Hervay | Registrar
Tim Healey | General Committee
Graeme Johnston | General Committee
Mark Leadbeatter | General Committee
Their position descriptions are as follows:
The Barnstoneworth FC President promotes the participation and achievement of its teams. Ensures the Club is run efficiently administratively, financially and socially to support all on-field activities.
The President helps the Committee prioritise its goals and keeps the Committee on track by working within the club’s framework. At an operational level, the major function of the President is to facilitate effective committee meetings.
- Ensure Committee members, team managers and coaches fulfil their responsibilities to the Club.
- Attend Barnstoneworth United meetings/forums where relevant.
- Manage/Chair monthly committee meetings and the Club's AGM.
- Discuss the agenda items prior to each committee meeting with the Secretary and ensure that it is circulated to relevant members in plenty of time.
- Ensure that all sub-committees are accountable and responsible.
- Report activities of the portfolio to the membership of the AGM.
- Ensure that planning and budgeting for the future are carried out in accordance with the wishes of members.
- Review Barnstoneworth United FC Constitution/Rules and protocols.
- Review CCF Rules of Competition and protocols.
- Adopt risk management, smoke-free, sun smart, code of conduct and safe alcohol policies.
- Be a facilitator for Club activities.
- Be available to handle any disputes.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders including Club members and Barnstoneworth United FC representatives
- The President reports to the Club’s members and General Committee of the club.
- A close relationship is required with all Barnstoneworth United FC Executive and Committee
- Supports all managers, committee members, coaches and players.
- The President is accountable to the members and Committee of the club.
The estimated time commitment required as the President is 3-4 hours per week.
- Well informed of all Club activities.
- Aware of the future direction and plans of club meetings.
- Able to chair committee meetings.
- A good understanding of football requirements at local, regional and higher levels.
- Possesses a good working knowledge of the Barnstoneworth United FC’s Constitution/Rules, protocols and the duties of its office holders and sub-committees.
- Well versed in the rules or procedures for varying meeting types and unbiased and impartial on all issues.
- Well informed about the purpose of any meeting and items to be covered and is able to avoid repetition, arguments, interruptions and deviation from the matter under discussion.
- Receptive to change.
- Dedicated Club person.
- Be approachable.
- Ability to plan events and activities for a year.
- Financial skills/knowledge.
- Communication and negotiating skills.
- Listening skills.
The Barnstoneworth FC Secretary is primarily responsible for all administrative duties and provides the coordinating link between members, the Committee and various stakeholders.
- Establish a meeting schedule for Committee for the current year.
- Provide secretarial support to the Committee, including preparing agendas in consultation with the President.
- Collect and collate reports from office bearers.
- Prepare minutes of all Committee and General Meetings of the Club, distribute them within 7-days via email or as arranged at the subject meeting and file appropriately.
- Prepare a comprehensive report of all activities of the Club for presentation to members at the AGM.
- and file appropriately.Maintain an accurate copy of the Barnstoneworth United FC’s Constitution/Rules and protocols.
- Maintain registers of members’ details, including Life Members and sponsors.
- Be familiar with the roles of the Club, Barnstoneworth United FC, CCF and any other body that has governance over football competition. Give advice to the President and committee as required.
- Receive all correspondence directed to the club, inform President, react, follow up and distribute to appropriate members.
- Coordinate team reports for Club newsletter, email.
- Maintain sponsorship records.
- Notice to Barnstoneworth United FC and relevant stakeholders regarding changes to committee members and key contacts.
- President and Committee.
- Liaises with all team managers, coaches and players.
- Will be in regular contact with Barnstoneworth United FC representatives.
- The Secretary is accountable to the President and Committee.
The estimated time commitment required as the Secretary is 2-3 hours per week during the season. This may be increased at the beginning of the season.
- Enthusiasm and dedication.
- Good leadership skills.
- Good listening ability.
- Effective communicator.
- Clear thinker and positive attitude.
- Able to maintain confidentiality on relevant matters.
- Ability to control and supervise others.
- Organise and delegate tasks.
- Well organised.
- Dedicated club person.
- Minute taking skills.
- Typing/computer skills.
- Negotiating skills.
- Empathy with varying groups of people.
The Barnstoneworth United FC Treasurer ensures that a financial management and reporting system is put in place and operable so the Club Committee has an accurate understanding of the financial status of the Club at all times.
- Prepare budget, in consultation with the Committee to reflect income and expenditure of the Club for presentation at the first meeting of the year.
- Ensure Committee, team managers and coaches do not exceed authority ceilings for financial expenditure without reference to the committee decisions.
- Attend to general banking activities.
- Maintain accurate records of income and expenditure.
- Report to the Committee on a monthly basis.
- Present all accounts for payment for approval.
- Arrange invoices for periodical payments.
- Make details of all accounts available to the Club Committee and members.
- Organise collection of funds from various events for banking.
- Ensure the Club finances are appropriately audited.
- Prepare annual financial accounts for auditing and provide the auditor with necessary information.
- Report activities of the portfolio to the membership at the AGM.
- Be one of several signatories – two on each Club cheque.
- Monitor sponsorship funds.
- Attend monthly Club Committee meetings.
- Liaise with Barnstoneworth United FC regarding future and current financial payments.
- Reports to the President and Committee.
- Liaise with all members of the Club with financial responsibility.
- The Treasurer is accountable to the President and Committee.
- The Treasurer shall seek ratification from the Committee of a club budget, including debt reduction and there after shall have the authority to act within the limits of the budget and strategy approved.
- The Treasurer shall provide a monthly report to the Committee of all financial transactions.
The estimated time commitment required as the Treasurer is up to 2 hours per week.
To provide support to the President, Secretary and other Committee members to ensure the efficient operation of the Club.
- Assist the President and Secretary in their duties as required.
- Undertake tasks at the request of the President or Committee.
- Attend monthly Club committee meetings.
- Participate in discussion and decision making of the committee.
- Look after a specific portfolio. (Marketing, Sponsorship, Events etc.)
- Reports to the President and Committee.
- Liaises with various external stakeholders depending on Club portfolio.
- Committee members are accountable to the President and Committee.
- Must seek ratification from the President and Committee prior to committing the club to any financial expenditure or action.
- Provide a report of their portfolio for each committee meeting.
The estimated time commitment required as a Committee member is up to 1 hour per week.